What? Never seen a unicorn before? - Stephen Hunter, Hobbitcon
As much as I love Deano’s Giraffe, Stephens Unicorn needs some more love <3
What It’s Like To See Every Marvel Movie (For Fans and Non-Fans)
When I saw TWS with my brother, I spent the entire walk home talking about the changes made and Marvel and Fox’s legal battles over the Maximoff twins.
Alot of people asked me if the platin expensive asshole ticket was worth it. Yes I would buy it again. My issues with my ticket and weekend were solely from my delayed plane that screwed up my scheduling for the convention. (in other words i was running around trying to cram in everything and having issues with staff down below)
- you will get bumped to the front of the photoshoot and our special treat was the group shot for free (instead of 100Euro)
- front row seats (however you cant just sit anywhere there is sections in the front where u need to be sat. luckily my seat was right infront of the actors (trust me its good stuff)
- you get all the autographs of course (we also got another treat of having a 3rd autograph for free)
- if you miss a photoshoot (their last one) they will try and get you one more chance during the groupshot
- I think basically they will make sure you get everything you paid for (for the most part)
- Staff are unorganized and the entire thing was a bit of a mess. They lost my platin ticket and gave me gold one instead for both a pass and autograph check. So everyone that was volunteer didn’t know who was supervising the platin people and gave me issues when i was trying to get my platin 2 autographs.
- The supervisor gives you his number incase of trouble but wont answer so I constantly had to run around and grab them to help because of the gold mix up
- When it comes to the autographs, you only get like 20-30 minutes head start and then everyone enters and you still have to face the long lines. Which seemed like platin could skip the lines but no, not for autographs. (lol i love their “you will get vip treatment” silly)
I’d like to mention that there was two days for the autographs so I could have come back the second day and skipped the lines during the head start but i was affraid to miss anything so i did it all at once.
- There are these meetings that i never went to because i was in a panel (because fuck you i want actors)
- They had this “tour of the backstage thing” which was during autograph time and i was like ya no i have the actors here i really don’t care wat the backstage looks like. I’ve seen stages i know whats back there
- I had a re-shoot with mark hadlow because i missed him by a minute due to their fucked up scheduling that was all over the place (keep to 24hour! dont just change it all of a sudden!) and the staff lost my photo. I told them three times it wasnt in the fucking pick up spot and they kept saying “oh it will be there just wait” and by the end of the day everyone was like “well we are closing now so idk”
no like seriously thats alot of bullshit. idc if people are volunteers, I paid money. Alot of fucking money. I don’t mess around when money is involved just because im not the one getting paid. I always treat everything professionally whether its volunteer or not so don’t even give me that excuse. They said they would “send it by email” if they remember….
So in conclusion buy the platin ticket, don’t rely on the staff, and always plan to be there 2 days before the con starts if it takes 15 hours to get there. Just incase your plane fucking delays for that amount of time to fly a new pilot all the way from the uk because the other one got sick!
And if not, just come to hobbitcon on a basic ticket because its the law now. You have a year! start saving!!!
Think of all the snogging
There was also was a special photoshot when they made a photo with us in the same style as the actors (stars in the eyes). I don’t know if we were suppose to get them printed out.
But yeah, I would totally get platin ticket one more time. It saves a lot of time and you can get the second photo or even the third one for free.
Finally at home.
After 17 hours.
Gonna go sleep now bye.
What did I know? I thought it was just a book, just a story. Just a movie. And then I came here. I saw the love and the hope in your eyes, and I finally understood that it was a fantasy. And you, you have made it a reality.
Who ever reblogs this will get a random fact from this book sent anonymously into their ask
Hey you guys should reblog it I want something to do
What happens when an actor of a cancelled show is left home alone… some things they just can’t seem to let go of.
How to suddenly become Sub-Zero of Mortal Kombat…
I went down for a breakfest and suddenly I see half of hobbit cast in the main hall. I was pretty sure they have left the hotel already. But I menaged to wish all of them a save flight home and even get some hugs. What a nice morning!
Because you did the thing and I know how many people are watching me and can also see that message, and I’ve heard so many things about shy artists who are too timid to write to another, I’m feeling obligated to come with a proposition/idea of a closed group for artists. The thing is, that I’m a bit shy too and scared to do this thing, but you encouraged me to make a move. The other thing, someone has to do this, because I can’t look at how you artists are lost and closed to each other, hiding yourselves deep under your works.
Of course this idea was born when I was talking with someone (wonderful and amazing person who said I shouldn’t mention about her, but I’m still thinking she gave me this idea, so I can’t skip her) who wants artists to be more open too. Because this is ridiculous how shy artists are. We need to change it.
Sooo, here is the idea: to assemble as many artists as it possible, who are or were in The Hobbit fandom, to make a group where we can meet, talk and finally stop our shyness.
Because it’s so common that artists are too shy to even say hello to another. We won’t be looking how we are different, not in bad thing of this word. Because we are have our styles and we are good in different things. And this is amazing.
So, this would be a great chance to know each other better, share our passion, our ideas and joy. Because there are two things which made us who we are. First, love for creating something by our hands; art and that amazing world given us by J.R.R. Tolkien. Two, our passion and determination to keeping drawing what we love, no matter what other people are thinking about it. This is what we choose and makes us happy.
This will be an opportunity to finally meet each other. I hope that some of you who still don’t believe in yourselves finally will find your courage. Also the opportunity to make progress and find new ways of drawing. (I thought about tutorials and useful tips you can ask for or share.) And also meet amazing people. Talk with them and share our passion.
I wish there weren’t any borders between us. You all are amazing and there’s no such thing that you’re worse than others. Every single one of you is different and wonderful by each other way. So all of you are special. And we all are the same and different at the same time.
I’m not good in English and websites, so this is the time to ask you for help. If you like the idea and support that project and if you know site where we can place our group (I don’t know how it should looks like. Forum? Group on Facebook or DeviantArt? I never understand how those things works) please write to me: email@example.com
If anyone would like to help me in creating/founding that group it will be nice, because I have no experience and also language barrier.
PLEASE SHARE THIS IDEA. WE NEED ALL OF YOU.